16th August to 22nd August 2021
Langham Oaks held summer school for the year 6 pupils from the 16th August to 22nd August 2021 from 10am to 2 pm everyday.
A full and varied programme was put in place for the boys to help them transition from year 6 into year 7.
- Sporting activities (trampolining, tennis, football and team games)
- Scavenger Hunt (team building)
- Shopping for cooking ingredients
- Identifying ingredients needed and managing within a budget
- Cooking, food preparation and serving of food
- BBQ for parents on the final day
- Arts and crafts
- Minecraft Education
Developing key skills during the week was a key component of the boys learning. Skills developed included:
- Relationship building
- Managing money
- Working together
- Taking responsibility
Maths and English development were a key part of the curriculum that we delivered during the week but achieved in a hidden way.
The boys learnt in a fun and safe environment.
- Deputy Headteacher
- Teaching Staff
- Learning Support Assistants
- Support Staff (including Site Manager)
Positive feedback was received from:-
Photographs of the activities that boys took part in will be uploaded to the website shortly.